The order entry module is one of the cornerstones of most ERP systems. This is the primary interfaced used to process a core driver for your business, sales and orders. SouthWare’s approach to order entry includes several recent enhancements to drive productivity from your users, including a number of great quality checks through the order entry process. The recently updated order entry portal is showcased below. To see more of the application in action, visit our SouthWare Demos page.
As you can see, the order entry portal provides a great view into a particular customer record, along with easy access to specific product information, pricing, quantities, and order total details. Being able to edit this information on the fly, with minimal movement between windows and records is a huge user productivity advantage.
Some of the key order entry features of the application include:
- Ability to add the customer record during the initial sale
- Custom text and notes available with each order
- Stock availability checking with backorder, substitute, and cancel options.
- Selling from multiple locations on one invoice (multi-location sales)
- Option to suggest related items
- Support for Add-On charges
- Multiple tracking methods including serial and lot tracking
- Sales tax calculation
- Multiple payment options (cash, check, credit card or PO / on account)
- Accept and track deposits on orders
- Build a sales quote, then convert to order
For a full list of features, check out the brochure below. With order entry working at the junction of CRM, inventory, shipping and sales, there are a number of efficiency benefits benefits to these areas of the application covered in more detail there.
Chiptech Solutions is an award winning SouthWare Partner, and looks forward to serving your ERP needs. We offer SouthWare license sales & implementation services, as well as ongoing consulting services for existing SouthWare users. For more information, there is a simple request form tied to the button on the right side of the page.